White Paper (EWP) provides a review of Brunei Darussalam’s future
energy sector development to 2035 and defines a comprehensive strategic
policy framework to lead the development of Brunei Darussalam’s energy
The EWP policy framework is based on the following three strategic goals;
1. Strengthen and Grow Oil and Gas Upstream and Downstream Activities.
2. Ensure Safe, Secure, Reliable and Efficient Supply and Use of Energy.
3. Maximise Economic Spin-off from Energy Industry – boost local content and secure high participation of local workforce.
each of these strategic goals, Energy Department at the Prime
Minister’s Office has set out key performance indicators and supporting
initiatives to ensure that Brunei Darussalam’s Energy Vision and the
broader Brunei Darussalam Vision 2035 are achieved.
the EWP outlines four key enablers shaping the core support mechanism
in order to ensure that commitments are met and that outcomes are
achieved timely. The four areas will receive attention are:
1. Implementing a comprehensive set of supportive policy and regulatory frameworks,
2. Bruneian human capital development,
3. Attracting investment in core areas, and
4. Ensuring realization of our commitments.
an important milestone in Brunei Darussalam’s energy development
process, the launching of EWP will encourage Brunei Darussalam to move
in the right direction, fast enough and to efficiently deliver Vision
2035 of Brunei Darussalam.
Download Energy White Paper (6MB)